Job Title: Graphic Designer
Scheduled Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Handi Quilter, (HQ), the worldwide leader in longarm quilting machines and accessories is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to join our growing team. Handi Quilter is the leader in the longarm quilting industry, and is an innovative company that provides quilters with the highest quality products and service. We pride ourselves in having a great work environment. We offer competitive salary and benefits. This position is part of the Marketing & Education Team, reporting to the Brand Manager at the Handi Quilter office in North Salt Lake, UT. The Graphic Designer role is a full-time, in-house position. No remote or freelance workers will be considered.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Present the Handi Quilter brand effectively through the use and development of typography, photography, design, and digital media following brand guidelines
- Collaborate with various teams to develop solutions for both print and web
- Contribute to creative brainstorming and ideation sessions for all marketing needs
- Create beautiful and effective visual solutions that meet both business and user needs
- Manage assigned workflow within project management platform (Basecamp)
- Manage and organize file assets and imagery
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask, and manage time efficiently is essential
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite Programs, especially InDesign and Illustrator
- Flexibility and willingness to accomplish tasks in a fast-paced environment
- BA or BFA, preferably in visual design and/or a strong online design portfolio featuring talents and relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to self-start and manage personal workflow to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to constructive feedback, maintaining productivity throughout the design process
- 3-5 years’ experience in a graphic design role
An added bonus, but not required:
Experience with quilting or background in the creative crafts industry
We offer a generous benefit package, including:
- Multiple medical and dental plan options after 30 days (with company contributions to the premium costs).
- Healthcare savings account with company contribution (if enrolled in a high-deductible medical plan).
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid employee assistance program and health advocate plan for you and your household.
- Company-paid life, AD&D and short-term disability insurance.
- Vision insurance.
- Other voluntary life and income replacement plans.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match after 90 days.
- Generous paid time off benefits.
- Casual work environment.
- Employee discounts at all Premier Needle Arts companies!